|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Literature Review||15%|
|Semester Assessment||Oral Presentation||15%|
|Semester Assessment||Formal Report||60%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Re-submission of failed components||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Show detailed understanding of the physics of their topic of study.
2. Review the recent developments in the research field of interest as documented in the refereed literature.
3. Plan and implement a major research project.
4. Interpret and discuss their results in terms of the current knowledge of the topic.
5. Present their work orally and in a formal written account.
Further details are provided on the project web page.
The research topic will be different for each project.
This module is at CQFW Level 7