- Mr Henry J S Finch (Principal Lecturer - Royal Agricultural University (RAU))
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||11 x 1 Hour Lectures|
|Field Trip||1 x 3 Hour Field Trip|
|Workshop||2 x 2 Hour Workshops|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Evaluation report and presentation.||40%|
|Semester Assessment||Project management portfolio.||60%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Students must take elements of assessment equivalent to those that led to failure of the module.||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Analyse the activities and performance of a place of employment/organisation/business
2. Assess the value and role of the employment gained and its relevance to a future career
3. Describe, for projects in land-based industries, their types and characteristics, strategies for planning, and recording of activities
4. Plan, organize and prepare a budget for an appropriate subject-specific work project
5. Produce communications utilizing appropriate media for different goals and audiences.
The module will introduce the characteristics of different types of projects in land-based industries and how to generate project plans with aims, objectives and resource acquisition. It will develop strategies for planning and recording activities. How to evaluate the effectiveness of staff work capacities and implement work programmes with realistic objectives for a workforce will be outlined. The different types of communication media and their use for different goals and audiences will be assessed. The use and function of interpretation as a communication tool for on-site awareness of conservation/environmental issues will be described and evaluated.
Resource acquisition and budget management.
Planning activities and recording outcomes.
Managing staff and planning workforce objectives.
Role of communication and team building.
Types of media and their potential uses.
On-site interpretive media and techniques.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||Costings exercise and technical plan|
|Communication||Written communication, oral presentation, illustrative material and technical plans via assignments|
|Improving own Learning and Performance|
|Information Technology||Presentation of data in assignments|
|Personal Development and Career planning||Evaluation report and presentation|
|Problem solving||Undertaken via assignments|
|Research skills||Undertaken via assignments|
|Subject Specific Skills|
This module is at CQFW Level 5