|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Workshop||11 x 6 Hour Workshops|
|Workshop||11 x 2 Hour Workshops|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
On successful completion of this module students should possess:
either viable matter with potential for further development, or a subject matter which has been explored, assessed, but proven incapable of maturation in the context of the student's interests and experience a broader technical vocabulary
experience of various strategies of development and a set of critical and evaluative tools relevant to your modus operandi.
a consciousness of the wider context of art practice bearing upon their work
a capacity for self-directed study in readiness for Level 3
Based on projects and individual tutorials, this module is intended for second year students who have chosen painting as one of their main options There is a concentration on the analysis of appropriate subject matter together with analytical drawing and painting from observation. There is also a focus on recording and gathering of visual material for the use of making paintings in the studio.
- The acquisition of key skills in the methods and materials of painting
- Through a series of personal tutorials, to offer an experience of finding subject matter and ways of working both personal to his/her own expressive needs and appropriate to the medium of painting and to the course as a whole
- An enhanced understanding of the capabilites and limitations of painting as a means of creative expression and communication
- The ability to make more informed and appropriate choices of methods and materials, understanding their relative potentials and limitations
- The acquisition of basic information about the history of methods and materials through a series of lectures/demonstrations
- To instil a good level of knowledge about the correct preparation of surfaces for painting and the correct methods of making and completing a painting, equipping him/her for professional practice in the future
- To establish or further devleop with a student a subject matter appropriate to his/her own abilities and artistic strengths and aptitudes.
- To give the student experience in organising and bringing to completion a body of work that has been developed and explored over the period of the semester
This module is at CQFW Level 5