|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Seminar||5 x 2 Hour Seminars|
|Lecture||10 x 2 Hour Lectures|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Individual Pitch focusing on a 10 minute script, together with a written production pack (of budget, schedule, and post-schedule details) (10 minutes)||30%|
|Semester Assessment||Individual supporting production portfolio (1,500 words)||30%|
|Semester Exam||7 Hours Critique screening and presentation. (20 minutes)||40%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Individual Pitch focusing on a 10 minute script together with a written production pack (of budget, schedule, and post-schedule details) (10 minutes)||30%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Individual supporting production portfolio (1,500 words)||30%|
|Supplementary Exam||0.3 Hours Critique screening and presentation (20 minutes)||40%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Critically review and concisely present research ideas within a short presentation format.
2. Comprehensively understand how to develop, from an extensive range of research sources, a workable film project idea for production.
3. Critically evaluate conceptual contributions to a scripted idea during script development; paying close attention to specific role contributions.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the specific elements of the film project in the production process and work within a predefined financial budget.
5. Work professionally in a specific production (Cinematography, Sound, Writing, Editing, Directing, producing role) adhering to a pre-prepared schedule plan.
6. Demonstrate mastery of technical skills within a chosen specialized area of production.
This module is at CQFW Level 5