Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Laboratory Workbook (8 x 500 words)||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Resubmit failed component||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate good laboratory practice.
2. Undertake a range of lab procedures to acceptable standards of accuracy and precision.
3. Produce practical reports to the required standard.
4. Apply a range of basic mathematical techniques to deal with biological data in order to answer experimental hypotheses.
5. Use of a range of computer word processing and spreadsheet packages.
6. Use online resources to search for scientific literature relevant to the topic under investigation.
This module will introduce students to the different practical skills required to collect physiological data during lab based practical sessions. The module comprises of lab based practical sessions together with lectures which will provide foundation year students with the required practical, numerical and literacy skills for entry onto the Sport and Exercise Science three-year degree scheme.
Lectures and seminars will include the following:
. Validity and reliability
. Sport and Exercise Psychology
. Fitness testing
. Strength and force
. Speed and power
. Heart rate and cardiac output
. Blood pressure
. Aerobic fitness testing
. Health related fitness assessment
. Anaerobic fitness
. Sport specific testing
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||N/A|
|Communication||During practical sessions and assessment|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||During practical sessions.|
|Information Technology||During practical sessions and assessment.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||During assessment and practical sessions.|
|Problem solving||During practical sessions.|
|Research skills||During practical sessions and assessment.|
|Subject Specific Skills||During practical sessions and assessment.|
|Team work||During practical sessions.|
This module is at CQFW Level 3