Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Written Assignments (4 written assignments, 2 of them under exam conditions (those taken under exam conditions counting twice as much as the others)||60%|
|Semester Assessment||Listening Comprehension (2 tests)||20%|
|Semester Assessment||Oral Performance (2 marks based on attendance, active contribution and performance in small oral groups)||20%|
|Supplementary Exam||2 Hours||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. demonstrate your interest in and understanding of the French language as a subject of study.
2. display proficiency in the essential framework of French grammar and syntax.
3. translate selected passages from and into French.
4. use a range of linguistic structures, particularly those in more frequent general usage.
5. communicate in written French at an appropriate standard.
6. produce summaries of material written in French.
7. give your own insights into aspects of French society.
8. use a good range of French vocabulary.
9. make both supervised and independent use of the facilities available in the department: video, language laboratory, satellite television.
Language modules have, as an integral part of their structure, regular homework assignments and class tests as well as end of year examinations. All assessment is designed to measure your progress against learning outcomes at the appropriate level.
This module forms part of the core Level 2 programme in European Languages (French Minor) and is one of three written language courses taken in that year. For a full description of this module see Beginners FR11020 - Beginners French 2.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||N/A|
|Communication||Oral and written.|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||Online exercises.|
|Information Technology||Grammar, translation software.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||Employability awareness, oral and written skills.|
|Problem solving||Grammar, translation, aural and conversation.|
|Research skills||Linguistics, aural skills.|
|Subject Specific Skills||Translations, communication.|
|Team work||Language project, translations, communication.|
This module is at CQFW Level 5