- Ms Jacqueline Patricia Urwin (College Librarian - Durham University)
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||One report of 3,000 words Report Of Student:||50%|
|Semester Exam||2 Hours Unseen examination.||50%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Supplementary Report||50%|
|Supplementary Exam||2 Hours Supplementary Exam||50%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
- describe the role of a manager;
* explain and analyse the internal and external environments in which they operate;
*profitably and productively manage their environment through the intergrated planning of human, information, technology and financial resources;
get things done through people by utilising interaction skills;
* manage themselves and others as individuals;
* assess change and risk, and manage accordingly;
* evaluate the quality and performance of their services.
There are four units to this module.
- Unit 1: What is management and why is it relevant today?
- Unit 2: Management skills.
- Unit 3: Planning for the future and managing money effectively.
- Unit 4: Getting things done through people.
- Unit 5: Delivering services.
The aim of the modules it to show students how to manage information services to meet the business needs of the organisation.
- Independent Project Work
- Use/Analysis of numerical information
- Writing in Academic Context
- Career Needs Awareness
- Group Activity
This module is at CQFW Level 6