|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||oral examination Oral Examination:||20%|
|Semester Assessment||exercises weekly/fortnightly exercises||30%|
|Semester Exam||2 Hours Examination written examinatio||50%|
|Supplementary Assessment||language exercises||30%|
|Supplementary Assessment||oral examination||20%|
|Supplementary Exam||2 Hours Examination||50%|
On the successful completion of this module:
1. You will be able to hold an extended conversation in Irish with confidence.
2. You will be able to follow more complicated lectures in Irish.
3. You will be able to discuss your reading through the medium of Irish.
4. You will be able to write a sophisticated essay in Irish.
5. You will have read (a) selected short stories by the major twentieth-century authors and (b) a sampling of poetry from the period 1700-2000.
6. You will be able to discuss the social and literary context of your reading selections.
Language classes on Irish dialects, phonology, morphology, and on standard Irish. Translation work. Literary studies of the twentieth-century Irish novel, and the development of the autobiography in Irish.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
This module is at CQFW Level 6