|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||1. Professional Portfolio 2500 Words||50%|
|Semester Assessment||2. Research Portfolio 2000 Words||50%|
|Supplementary Assessment||1. Professional Portfolio 2500 Words||50%|
|Supplementary Assessment||2. Research Portfolio 2000 Words||50%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate enhanced employability skills such as initiative, communication, independence, planning, presentation and professional deportment.
2. Demonstrate an enhanced understanding of contemporary professional working practice and the business environment of the creative industries, and the considerations facing aspiring entrants to that field of production, and the considerations facing aspiring entrants to that field.
3. Produce and maintain a professional portfolio for career development and employment.
You will be required to build on your existing knowledge of the creative industries acquired in other modules in order to understand and evaluate the economic, social and cultural challenges facing these industries.
• Building Your Creative and Professional Portfolio
• Teamworking and Professional Development
• Researching and Engaging with Potential Employers and Clients
• Sustainability in the Media Industries
• Using Social Media for Network Building
• Thinking About Independent and Freelance Opportunities
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number|
|Communication||Communication skills - oral and written - will be developed in the module through written assignments and workshop tasks. Students will also develop communication skills in terms of approaching and engaging with employers and clients.|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||There will be a continual dialogue throughout the module and students will also receive feedback on their professional portfolio which will help them improve their learning and performance.|
|Information Technology||This is not developed explicitly, but students are expected to engage with a range of IT tools as part of the module in terms of research for the module and for the placement.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||This forms a central part of this module and is developed both through the teaching sessions and in preparation for the placement itself. The skill is assessed via the professional portfolio.|
|Problem solving||Students will be required to develop their problem-solving skills in relation to assessing industry challenges in terms of their own employability. This will be assessed through the professional portfolio and related critical documentation.|
|Research skills||These skills will be developed throughout the module and form a key part of the work that will be undertaken by students. The skills will be assessed through the professional portfolio and research portfolio.|
|Subject Specific Skills||The module develops specific skills in production research which will be applicable to a range of media industries.|
|Team work||Students will often work on collective tasks in small groups during workshops. This will not be directly assessed.|
This module is at CQFW Level 5