Employee Assistance Programme - Care first
Please read the Care First Leaflet.
NB: when you click on the link above, you will be prompted to enter your AU username and password to obtain the online and telephone login details for the service.
A new Employee Assistance Programme is available from 1st October 2015 for all Employees.
Who are Care first?
With ever increasing pressures at work and home, there are times when we all need some extra support to balance the demands of everyday life. Care first are an independent, leading provider of professional employee support services. Care first employ professionally qualified Counsellors and Information Specialists, who are experienced in helping people to deal with all kinds of practical and emotional issues such as Wellbeing, family matters, relationships, debt management, workplace issues, and much more…
How do I use the service?
Care first provides confidential, impartial advice and support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service is free for you to access whenever you need. You don’t need to ask permission from your manager or organisation before contacting Care first.
The EAP can provide information booklets, articles, resource information on support services in your local area and even short term face-to-face counselling to help get you back on track.
What do I use the service for?
Care first is designed to help you with a wide range of work, family and personal issues. From work-life balance to childcare information, relationships to workplace issues, health and well-being, let your EAP support you on the issues that affect all of us at some point in our lives. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Work-life balance
- Childcare information
- Health and well-being
- Disability and illness
- Bereavement and loss
- Elder care information
- Life events
- Anxiety and depression
- Family issues
- Bullying and harassment
- Consumer rights
- Workplace pressure
Is it confidential?
Your organisation does not know who uses our service unless the individual personally chooses to tell someone about his or her contact with Care first. We do provide statistics to your organisation to show how many employees use the service and the broad types of issues that employees raise with us, for example; ‘relationship breakdown at home’ or ‘bullying and harassment in the workplace’, so no information is ever passed on which could potentially identify you.
For more information, please see the following documents:
- Care First - Introducing a new support service (PDF)
- Care First Confidentiality Promise (PDF)
- Information Services (PDF)
- Management Service (PDF)
- Wellbeing Zone Poster Healthy Outside Inside
- Wellbeing Zone How Financially Well Are You?
- Wellbeing Zone Food and Wellbeing
COVID 19 - please see the following documents:
- 2020 COVID-19 Publicity Calendar w/b 22 June 2020
- 2020 COVID-19 Publicity Calendar w/b 25 May 2020
- 2020 COVID-19 Publicity Calendar w/b 14 April 2020
- 2020 COVID-19 Publicity Calendar w/b 23 March 2020
- COVID-19 Looking after your mental health & wellbeing
- COVID-19 Tips to cope with Anxiety
- COVID-19 Tips for Self-Care
- COVID-19 Domestic Abuse and Violence
- COVID-19 Job Retention Scheme (Furlough)
- COVID-19 Social Media, Technology and Young People
- COVID-19 New routines after lockdown
- COVID-19 Pressure to be productive
- COVID-19 Resilience
- COVID-19 Woebot
- COVID-19 Links between Care first services
- COVID-19 CV Writing Top Tips
- COVID-19 The Psychological Impact of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Social Media, safeguarding and young people
- COVID-19 Financial Fitness