What will I gain from my subject?
The skills and experience you develop through your education and extra-curricular experiences are highly valued by employers, and crucial to your effective contribution in the workplace. You will be able to solve commercial, industrial and scientific problems, research and present potential solutions logically and with clarity, apply theory and concepts to a variety of contexts.
What can I do with my subject?
There are a great many possibilities open to graduates, and a Maths degree can be applied to a wide range of possibilities. Have a look further down this page for information on what Aber Maths Graduates do.
Specific skills gained by Maths students such as data analysis, problem solving, project management, research and financial skills, are highly sought after by employers. Some students and graduates decide to specialise in a specific subject through postgraduate study, while others move into graduate employment.
Where do I start looking for work experience and graduate jobs?
Below is a list of resources which provide a good starting point when searching for work experience and graduate work related to your degree.
- Actuarial Profession work experience
- BAE Systems
- Bright Recruits roles in Engineering
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
- EDF Energy
- Government Statistical Service
- Inside careers
- Maths Careers
- Met Office
- Office of National Statistics
- Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths Network
- IAESTE - overseas
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications
- Royal Statistical Society
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
What do Aber graduates do?
Many Mathematics graduates move into roles in sectors such as Accountancy, Consultancy, Engineering or IT. Below are some examples of roles our Mathematics Graduates have moved into:
- Accounting Technician
- Applications Engineer
- Assistant Business Administrator
- Consumer Product Strategy Analyst
- Credit Controller
- Data Analyst
- Fundraising Administrator
- Graduate Finance Trainee
- GTP Teacher of Mathematics
- Investment Accountant
- Management Trainee
- Pricing Analyst
- Recruitment Consultant
- Revenue Officer
- Research Assistant
- Sales Consultant
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Support Engineer
- Trainee Actuary
- Trainee Chartered Accountant
- Web and Data Assistant
Here are some examples of employers Maths Graduates have gained positions with:
- Autosmart International
- Barnett Waddingham LLP
- Beran and Butland
- BWCI Group
- Conwy County Council
- Friends Life
- Kent Police Headquarters
- National Assembly for Wales
- Shell Gas Ltd
- West Mercia Energy
- Wolseley UK