Accommodation applications for 2018/19 are now open- How to Apply
Why stay with us?
We know that postgraduate and PhD students have different needs to Undergraduates. With this in mind, our accommodation offers you the following benefits:
- Even if you apply now, you are not tied into a Licence until you confirm your place at a later date
- All energy bills included
- High speed hard wired and wireless internet included
- Free Sports Centre Platinum Membership for your health & wellbeing
- Choose to live with your friends in flats/houses from 2-10 bedrooms
- Current students allocated to flats together- not mixed with first year students
- Places available for students in all years (2nd, 3rd & 4th year etc)
- Convenient location close to academic and campus facilities, as well as the town centre- Accommodation options
- If you already live with us then no further deposit to pay*! If not, deposit only £100
- Laundry facilities on site
- 24/7 help and assistance- including staffed reception
- 24/7 Learning Centres within easy access to your residence
- Insurance included
- Payment plans available for accommodation fees
- Single Licence Agreements – not joint and several (so you are not responsible for others’ rent) plus ‘Guarantors’ not required
- A range of licence lengths plus University Summer Accommodation available
Every effort will be made to house students in their first choice of Residence but sadly it is not always possible to meet these preferences in every case.
We recognise that some Postgraduate courses run for 52 weeks and so we offer a variety of licence lengths to suit you, but please be aware that the longest length of stay we can offer is 50 weeks.
Taking a Year Out
Students taking a year out in Industry or Abroad will still have access to their Aberystwyth University email account and therefore are asked to apply for accommodation in the same way as other current students for the following academic year. Please check your email account regularly.
Further details about these schemes can be found on the Year in Employment Scheme (YES).
Alternative Accommodation Options
As a Postgraduate student you may prefer to live in Private Sector accommodation and we offer advice and assistance on this too. We maintain a database of privately owned rented properties which you can conveniently search through online; if you need any help with your search simply get in touch with us.
If you are coming to Aberystwyth with dependents you may wish to take a look at our section on Family & Couples Accommodation.
*Terms and conditions apply; please refer to our Priorities Policy for further details.