Current Undergraduate Students
Accommodation Applications for 2019/20 open 9.00am on Monday 19th November 2018
Next Year Accommodation
Despite any rumours you may hear, don't rush to arrange accommodation for your second, third (or fourth) year of study. There is no shortage of student accommodation in Aberystwyth!
Traditionally, the house hunting period starts from November in preparation for the coming September, giving you plenty of time to decide where you want to live and who you want to live with. When it comes to finding accommodation for next year DON'T RUSH - settle in and enjoy university life!
Remember that once you have signed an accommodation contract (and paid deposits where required) it is very difficult, and sometimes impossible, to reverse the decision, so make sure you have thought everything through before deciding.
To find out what accommodation is available to you why not see our accommodation options and compare our residences.
Why Stay With Us?
- Even if you apply now, you are not tied into a licence until you confirm your place at a later date.
- All energy bills included.
- High speed wired and wireless internet included.
- FREE Sports Centre Platinum Membership for your health & wellbeing.
- Choose to live with your friends in flats/houses from 2-10 bedrooms.
- Current students allocated to flats together - not mixed with first year students.
- Places available for students in all years (2nd, 3rd, 4th year etc).
- Convenient location close to academic and campus facilities, as well as the town centre - Accommodation Options.
- If you already live with us then no further deposit to pay*! If not, deposit only £100.
- Laundry facilities on site.
- 24/7 help and assitance - including staffed reception.
- 24/7 Learning Centres within easy access to your residence.
- Insurance included.
- Payment plans available for accommodation fees.
- Single Licence Agreements - not joint and several (so you are not responsible for others' rent) plus 'Gurantors' not required.
- A range of licence lengths plus University Summer Accommodation available.
*If you are already holding a deposit with us then any remaining balance will be used to secure your place for the next academic year - however, if your deposit has fallen below the required £100 then you will be required to pay any shortfall.
Taking a year out
Students embarking on a Sandwich placement which is an integral part of their degree will be eligible to apply for University accommodation in the same way as other current students.
Students participating in the Year in Employment Scheme (YES) are not registered students at Aberystwyth University so are therefore not eligible to apply for University accommodation during their year in employment. Please refer to our Alternative Accommodation section below.
You have lots of options open to you such as living in university accommodation, living in private sector student housing (either using our StudentPad Accommodation Database or various letting agents in Aberystwyth to find a student house or flat), or renting a room with other large accommodation providers.