Need somewhere to live during the summer (June - September)? If you will be a registered student at Aberystwyth University then look no further as we provide Aberystwyth University (AU) accommodation during this time. So whether you are currently living in halls and want to extend your stay or whether you are currently living in private sector housing then summer accommodation is available for you!
Coronavirus Update: Due to current circumstances, changes have been made to our service provision to safeguard students, staff and visitors. Please refer to our FAQs for information which is relevant during this time
Find out more
APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER ACCOMMODATION 2021 ARE DUE TO OPEN AT 9.00AM ON TUESDAY 13TH APRIL 2021
How to apply
Applications open from 09.00am on Tuesday 13th April 2021
To request accommodation for the summer you will need to complete an online application form:
- Login to the Accommodation Portal as 'Current Student' using your Aberystwyth username and password.
- Select 'Aberystwyth University Accommodation - Summer 2021'.
- Select the 'Accommodation Application Form' button and follow the instructions where you will need to select your requested dates of stay.
- Rooms are offered on a first come first served basis in date and time order of you successfully submitting your online accommodation application form. Priority is given to students continuing their study course over the summer period.
- We will aim to allocate students with the same length of stay together. Unfortunately, we are unable to facilitate any requests for friends to live together.
- Applications for summer accommodation will not be considered if you have an outstanding accommodation debt with AU or if you have been served with a ban from AU Residences during your term licence period.
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified on or before week commencing Monday, 03 May 2021. Therefore, please continue to check your AU e-mail account on a regular basis.
- Successful applicants will be sent an offer for summer accommodation by e-mail which will include details on how to complete the Summer Accommodation Licence Pack by the given deadline date. Access into summer accommodation will not be given without successful completion of this licence pack.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be given the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list should a vacancy become available.
What are my options if I graduate this year?
You will therefore no longer be a registered student.
If you are not an AU registered student you can contact the Conference Office at email@example.com or on 01970 621960 who may be able to assist you. Alternatively, you can check local hotels/B&B's for their availability.
When can I move into summer accommodation?
Are you currently living in University accommodation?
If you are currently living in university accommodation then your summer accommodation will be available for you from when your term Licence Agreement ends.
Further details regarding moving into your summer accommodation will be sent to you by e-mail prior to your move so therefore please continue to regularly check your AU e-mail account.
Are you currently living in the Private Sector
If you are currently living in the private sector, then summer accommodation is available to you from 10.00am on Wednesday 12th July 2021. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you summer accommodation prior to this date.
We advise that you check your tenancy agreement end date so you know when you must vacate your current accommodation as you may need to consider alternative accommodation until your University summer accommodation is available to you.
Is there a minimum length of stay?
Minimum length of stay is 3 weeks.
When is summer accommodation available until?
Summer accommodation is available until 10.00am on Thursday 30th September 2021.
Further details regarding moving out arrangements will be provided to you upon arrival.
What if I am also going to be living in AU accommodation for academic year 2021/22? Can I stay until my term-time room is ready for me to move into?
Our term 2021/22 Accommodation Licence Agreement starts on Friday 24th September 2021.
If you have secured a place in AU summer accommodation and have also secured a place in AU accommodation for academic year 2021/22 then you can continue to live with us until your term accommodation becomes available simply by selecting the appropriate dates on the application form.
How do I pay for summer accommodation?
As part of your Accommodation Licence Pack you will be required to set up a payment plan in order to pay for your summer accommodation fees. If you have any queries regarding payment of fees please contact the Student Fees Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
A deposit of £100 is required to secure summer accommodation which is payable during completion of your licence pack.
If you currently live in AU accommodation your term-time deposit will continue to be used during your summer stay. If your deposit has fallen below £100 then you will be required to make a top-up payment.
Details on deposit refunds are available in the Accommodation Licence Agreement found within the Residents' Handbook.
Will there be any Inspections during my stay?
Inspections will continue to be carried out throughout the summer with further details being sent to you by the Campus Life Management Team. Further information regarding what inspections are can be found on our webpage.