New Undergraduate Students
Guaranteed University Accommodation for First Year Students!*
Accommodation applications open 9am on Monday 1st April 2019
When to apply
Once you have selected Aberystwyth University as either your Firm or Insurance choice, from mid-March onwards, the Accommodation Office will contact you by e-mail and post inviting you to apply for accommodation. Accommodation is guaranteed, for your first year, in University owned or managed residences if you apply for accommodation before 1st August in the year of entry and respond to your offer of accommodation by the deadline date detailed in the Accommodation Offer*.
*Terms and conditions apply - please see our Priorities Policy for additional information.
Clearing & Adjustment
Accommodation is guaranteed for clearing and adjustment students providing you apply by the 1st September in the year of entry and have accepted the offer of accommodation made to you by the deadline date detailed in the Accommodation Offer*.
Once you have confirmed your place to study at Aberystwyth University, the Accommodation Office will contact you to invite you to apply for accommodation. We will contact you via email so if you have already activated your Aberystwyth University e-mail account, please ensure you check that regularly.
The invitation will provide you with information on how to make an application. You will require your 10 digit UCAS personal ID number, surname and date of birth to login and apply for accommodation. Further information on how to apply can be found at - How to Apply.
You can find more information about clearing & adjustment on the clearing & adjustment webpage.
*Terms and conditions apply - please see our for additional information.
We offer a range of high quality accommodation, all of which is conveniently located in Aberystwyth. From 'traditional' catered residences exclusive for Welsh-Medium students, part-catered residences to en-suite self-catered accommodation, we can provide you with an option that is best suited to your requirments. We have dedicated accommodation available for students who are Welsh speakers or learners and would like to live in a Welsh speaking environment.
To find out what accommodation is available to you please see our accommodation options and compare our residences.
Why live with us?
- Only £100 acceptance fee.
- All energy bills included.
- High speed hard wired and wireless internet included.
- FREE Sports Centre Platinum Membership for your health and wellbeing.
- Insurance included.
- 24/7 help and assistance - including a staffed reception.
- 24/7 learning centres within easy access to your residence.
- Laundry facilities on site.
- Convenient location close to academic and campus facilities, as well as the town centre.
- Payment plans available for accommodation fees.
- Single Licence Agreements - not joint and several (so you are not responsible for others' rent) plus 'Guarantors' not required.
- Choose to live with friends in a flat/house from 2-10 bedrooms.
- A range of licence lengths plus University Summer Accommodation available.
You may prefer to live in Private Sector Accommodation and we offer advice and assistance on this too. We maintain a database of privately owned rented properties which you can conveniently search through online; if you need any help with your search simply get in touch with us.