At Aberystwyth University, we offer a range of high quality accommodation, all of which is conveniently located in Aberystwyth.
From 'traditional' catered residences exclusive for Welsh-Medium students, part-catered residences to en-suite self-catered accommodation, we can provide you with an option that is best suited to your requirements.
The majority of our residences are based on campus; but we also have residences conveniently located within walking distance of the campus and beautiful seaside town centre.
Each residence has their own distinct character, providing you a safe and secure community in which to socialise, study and relax.
To find out what accommodation is available to you please compare our residences.
Meet and Greet Service
Aberystwyth University has made arrangements for international students to arrive to their accommodation before the start of the Licence Agreement (costs apply), this will give international students an opportunity to settle into university life, collect visas from the post office if necessary, and take part in pre-fresher's activities. For further details about this available service and information on how to make a booking please visit the International Meet and Greet webpage.
Benefits of Aberystwyth University Accommodation:
- Only £100 acceptance fee.
- All energy bills included.
- High speed hard wired and wireless internet included.
- FREE Sports Centre Platinum Membership for your health and wellbeing.
- Insurance included.
- 24/7 help and assistance - including a staffed reception.
- 24/7 learning centres within easy access to your residence.
- Laundry facilities on site.
- Convenient location close to academic and campus facilities, as well as the town centre.
- Payment plans available for accommodation fees.
- Single Licence Agreements - not joint and several (so you are not responsible for others' rent) plus 'Guarantors' not required.
- Choose to live with friends in a flat/house from 2-10 bedrooms.
- A range of licence lengths plus University Summer Accommodation available.
Alternatively, you may prefer to live in Private Sector Accommodation in the town of Aberystwyth, which is within easy walking distance of the main campus and with a regular bus link. Aberystwyth University operates an Accommodation Service to help students find somewhere to live in private sector accommodation.
Information on accommodation for Erasmus and Exchange students can be found in our Exchange and Erasmus section.
*To qualify for guaranteed accommodation you must apply by the appropriate deadline date in the year of entry and respond to your offer of accommodation by the deadline date detailed in the Accommodation Offer:
Undergraduate = 1st August
Postgraduate = 1st September