Guaranteed University Accommodation for Overseas Fee-paying Students!*
Accommodation applications open 9am on Monday 9th April 2018
At Aberystwyth University, we offer a range of high quality accommodation, all of which is conveniently located in Aberystwyth. From 'traditional' catered residences exclusive for Welsh-Medium students, part-catered residences to en-suite self-catered accommodation, we can provide you with an option that is best suited to your requirments. We have dedicated accommodation available for students who are Welsh speakers or learners and would like to live in a Welsh speaking environment.
To find out what accommodation is available to you why not see our accommodation options and compare our residences.
Overseas fee-paying students, both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students, are guaranteed a place in University owned or managed accommodation for the duration of their taught studies at Aberystwyth University.
To qualify for guaranteed accommodation you must apply by the appropriate deadline date in the year of entry and respond to your offer of accommodation by the deadline date detailed in the Accommodation Offer*:
Undergraduate = 1st August.
Postgraduate = 1st September.
*Terms and coniditions apply - please see our Priorities Policy for additional information.
How do I apply?
Please refer to our How to Apply section for further information on the application procedure. Please note that a place in University owned or managed accommodation is guaranteed, but not a specific type of room or location and that Accommodation Licence Periods do apply.
Meet and Greet Service
Aberystwyth University has made arrangements for international students to arrive to their accommodation before the start of the Licence Agreement (costs apply), this will give international students an opportunity to settle into university life, collect visas from the post office if necessary, and take part in pre-fresher's activities. For further details about this available service and information on how to make a booking please visit the International Meet and Greet webpage.
Why live with us?
- Only £100 acceptance fee.
- All energy bills included.
- High speed hard wired and wireless internet included.
- Free Sport Centre Platinum Membership for your health and wellbeing.
- Insurance included.
- 24/7 help and assistance- including staffed reception.
- 24/7 learning centres within easy access to your residence.
- Laundry facilities on site.
- Convenient location close to academic and campus facilities, as well as the town centre- Accommodation options.
- Payment plans available for accommodation fees.
- Single Licence Agreements – not joint and several (so you are not responsible for others’ rent) plus ‘Guarantors’ not required.
- Choose to live with your friends in flats/houses from 2-10 bedrooms.
- A range of licence lengths plus University Summer Accommodation available.
Alternatively, you may prefer to live in Private Sector Accommodation in the town of Aberystwyth, which is within easy walking distance of the main campus and with a regular bus link. Aberystwyth University operates an Accommodation Service to help students find somewhere to live in private sector accommodation.
Information on accommodation for Erasmus and Exchange students can be found in our Exchange and Erasmus section.