Health & Well-Being
Promoting Health and Well-Being to Create a Remarkable Workplace
Aberystwyth University is keen to create a supportive and positive work environment for all staff members.
The Health Champions are on hand to help identify solutions which will help to improve staff work-life balance, health and wellbeing.
Heather Hinkin (email@example.com) - Chair of the Corporate Health Steering Group
If you have any suggestions on how the University could increase Health and Wellbeing of staff please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Health Standard
AU is committed to workplace health and wellbeing as shown by our success in achieving the Silver Award Corporate Health Standard.
For More information on Specific Health Issues please visit the links below
- Mental Health Promotion
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Physical Activity
The university achieved the Silver Award for the Corporate Health Standard in April 2015. Members of the Corporate Health Steering Group are listed below:-
Rachel Hubbard -Sports Centre
Heather Hinkin- HR
Sam Morrison- HR
Jackie Sayce - IGHPP
Jeremy Mabbutt - Campus Services
Ruth Fowler - HR
Lucy Stonebridge - HR
George Jones - Student Support
Esther Prytherch - Communications and Public Affairs
Claire Williams - HSE
Dan Steward - Sports and Exercise Science
Auriel Martin - Arts Centre
Val Fletcher - IS
Kraig Pugh - Conference Office
Antonia Ivaldi - Psychology
Student Support have put together a Wellbeing Map (PDF) which provides information on walking routes, relaxing spaces and wildlife on campus.
Aberystwyth University Mental Health First Aiders
The Mental Health First Aiders are a group of staff members that are trained in Mental Health First Aid. They are the first point of call for both students and staff who might be experiencing distress or mental health difficulties, and are able to sign-post to the appropriate services.
The Mental Health First Aider’s primary role is to signpost individuals to the appropriate services that are available, they are not trained practitioners and cannot provide treatment. They are able to provide a one off signposting service but cannot be used as a form of ongoing treatment or as a long term support service.
Employee Assistance Programme
Below you can find the link to the presentation given by Care First, our employee assistance programme.
Mental Health at Work - digital gateway
Funded by The Royal Foundation as part of its Heads Together campaign, and curated by Mind in consultation with key partners including the CIPD:
Top Tips and links
- COVID 19 - Joe Wicks daily exercise class
- COVID 19 - Oti Mabuse daily dance class
- COVID 19 - Aber Uni daily exercise classes
- COVID 19 - Royal Academy of Dance Silver Swans online dance class
- COVID 19 - Advice from Boots on Coronavirus
- Top tips for staying healthy on holiday
- Stay hydrated on holiday
- 8 ways to keep your brain healthy
- Wellbeing in the workplace 2018-An appraisal of the health and wellness issues that are affecting UK businessses and their employees
- Wellbeing awareness - Wellbeing Solutions Management
- How to support positive mental health within your student population (UK/IRE Webinar)