Lockers are available in the Hugh Owen and Physical Sciences Libraries, for anyone who wishes to keep personal books and papers in a safe place. Rental of library lockers is free of charge and lockers are available on a first-come first served basis.
- You need your Aber Card to rent a locker.
- No charge is made for use of the lockers but full replacement costs of £12 must be paid for a lost key.
- Fines will be payable for late return of keys.
- For long loan lockers, you will be reminded of the day and time you will need to return your locker key via email. You can also check your loans on Primo, the library catalogue at any time.
- Because of high demand at some periods of the year, it may be necessary to wait some time until a locker becomes available.
- Loaned lockers cannot be renewed if there is a waiting list.
Hugh Owen Library
- 68 lockers are available for loan until the end of the academic year.
- 10 lockers are available for 24-hour use.
- 10 lockers are available for Postgraduate students.
- Lockers can be booked via the Hugh Owen Library Enquiry Desk / email@example.com / 01970 622400
- Locker keys can be picked up from the Hugh Owen Library Enquiry Desk during staffed opening hours. See Contacting Information Services.
- A fine will be charged if you do not return your locker key to the Enquiry Desk on Level D, Hugh Owen Library
- 12-month loan lockers: £1 a day fine if not returned by the end of staffed opening hours on the day it is due.
- 24-hour loan lockers: £5 a day fine if not returned by the date/time due. You can check your loans on Primo, the library catalogue at any time.
Green Card Area Lockers
- A small number of lockers are available on a 24-hour basis for Green Card users on Level E of the Hugh Owen Library.
- Keys for these may be obtained from the Hugh Owen Library Enquiry Desk and should be returned there at the end of the day.
Physical Sciences Library
- 12 lockers are available for loan for a 12-month period.
- Locker keys can be picked up from the Physical Sciences Library Enquiry Desk during staffed hours.
- A fine will be charged if you do not return your locker key to the Enquiry Desk in the Physical Sciences Library by the end of staffed opening hours on the day it is due.
- 12-month loan lockers: £1 a day fine
If using the lockers in any of our libraries, please abide by the following regulations:
- No food or beverages may be stored in the locker.
- Only personal materials and checked-out library materials may be kept in the locker.
- No hazardous materials may be stored in the locker.
- Any Aberystwyth University library books or materials inside must be charged to the individual using the locker.
- Any uncharged Aberystwyth University library books or materials found to be stored in a locker will be returned directly to the shelves.
- Information Services staff shall be entitled to routinely access the locker at all times and without notice to the user for the purposes of security, maintenance and repair, searching for unissued library materials and all other purposes deemed necessary.
- Information Services will not accept any liability for lost or stolen items.
- Lockers may be withdrawn if used incorrectly.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org