Individual Study Rooms (Carrels) - Hugh Owen Library
There are a number of study rooms on Level F of the Hugh Owen Library which are available for individual, silent study.
- are free to use
- have a PC in them
- have wifi
- are suitable for individual use only
- are suitable for silent study only as they are not sound proof
- can be booked for up to 4 hours
You will be sent a calendar invite and your booking information will be shown on the screen outside the door.
If you have not made a booking and the room is vacant you can click on Meet now to make an immediate booking
For room locations please see Hugh Owen Library - Level F Floor Plan
When using these rooms please observe the following:
- IS Food and Drink Policy
- Silent study only - these rooms are not sound proofed so not suitable for taking part in online learning sessions or meetings
- Personal electrical appliances (other than laptops) are not permitted
- If using headphones, make sure you are able to hear the fire alarm
- Leave the room promptly at the end of your booking
- Leave the room clean and tidy and remove all items including rubbish at the end of your booking
To protect yourself and others we ask that:
- You sanitise your hands on entering, and regularly while using, the library.
- You use your own Aber Card to swipe to enter and exit the library.
- You do not come to the library if you are unwell.
We will ensure
- Staff working in the library are following recommended hygiene practises.
- Regular cleaning is carried out.
- There are hand sanitising stations at the entrance.
- There are sanitising wipes available for you to wipe down surfaces as needed