|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT (LAB REPORT) OF 3,000 WORDS||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||WRITTEN ASSIGNMEN TO BE RESUBMITTED, IF FAILED||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Evaluate published numerical data;
2. Demonstrate competence in using SPSS;
3 Analyse and present quantitative Data;
4. Design and use a basic quantitative scale.
The module will provide an introduction/revision of basic quantitative data analysis and then move into some more advanced techniques. There will be a mixture of theory and practical classes where students will be expected to use SPSS to analyse dedicated data-sets.
- Introduction to quantitative data analysis
- Designing a quantitative study
- Principles of attitude scale design (e.g. Likert scales)
- Using published scales
- Introduction to SPSS
- Basic inferential tests (e.g. Chi-square, t-tests, correlation)
- Advanced inferential tests (e.g. ANOVA, Regression)
- Writing up quantitative data
Throughout the module, students will practise and develop their skills of research, analysis, time-management, oral and written presentation. In seminars they will develop their ability to listen, understand and explain subject related topics as well as present a point of view orally and discuss their thoughts with the rest of the class; their assignments will enable them to develop their skills of independent research, analysis, presentation and writing (including data collection and retrieval, IT and time management). All learning throughout the module will be relevant to a career in any legal profession.
This module is at CQFW Level 7