|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Literature Review||15%|
|Semester Assessment||Formal Report||60%|
|Semester Assessment||Oral Presentation||15%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Re-submission of failed components||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Investigate a specific physics-related scientific problem.
2. Evaluate recent developments in the research field of interest as documented in the refereed literature.
3. Organise and co-ordinate their work in order to plan and implement an extended research project.
4. Interpret and discuss their results in terms of the current knowledge of the topic.
5. Present and defend their work orally and in a formal written account.
Further details are provided on the project web page.
The research topic will be different for each project.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Creative Problem Solving||.|
This module is at CQFW Level 7