|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Practical programming (written assignment)||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Written assignment. Resubmission of failed/non-submitted coursework components or ones of equivalent value||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate a detailed fundamental and practical knowledge of programming including computational logic and interaction with data.
2. Evaluate the relative limitations and merits of different programming technologies.
3. Communicate technological potential and limitations to both the creative industries community and other stakeholders including policy makers and the public.
This module will teach the basics of programming and the fundamental concepts of computational logic, providing the theoretical and practical skills required to work with advanced digital and media technologies.
- Fundamental programming concepts
- Reusable code: control statements and functions
- Writing and running code
- Understanding the interpreter and error messages
- Storing and interacting with data, including media data
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||Programming applies mathematics to solve problems.|
|Communication||Students will be expected to be able to express themselves appropriately in their assignments.|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||Detailed feedback will be given for assignment work. This will be assessed through the feedback providing general guidance towards the student's next assignment.|
|Information Technology||The module will cover fundamental concepts in programming.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||Working in the context of solving real-world problems gives students practical skills for their career.|
|Problem solving||Identifying and using programming techniques to solve problems relevant to the real world.|
|Research skills||Problem analysis, data resource discovery, experimental design, data analysis.|
|Subject Specific Skills||Fundamental programming concepts will be developed and assessed throughout the module.|
|Team work||Participation in the forum discussing technologies.|
This module is at CQFW Level 7