|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Module Assessment Written Assignment of 5,000 words||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Display a knowledge and understanding of the issues involved both from a legal and commercial perspective.
2. Display a knowledge and understanding of the legal principles associated with corporate insolvency law both in the UK and in selected other countries, in particular, Australia, China, France, Germany and the United States.
3. Critically evaluate the current judicial and legislative approach towards insolvency mechanisms employed to attempt to provide an alternative to the liquidation of insolvent companies.
4. Display an ability to access the relevant literature and materials in this field and how to use them in a critical discussion of the issues covered by this subject.
5. Present critical and well-informed argument regarding the problems of achieving an effective balance between the need to protect creditors while attempting to rescue companies in financial distress.
2. The meaning of the term 'rorporate rescue?
3. Aims and objectives of corporate rescue regimes.
4. A comparative study of corporate rescue schemes including case studies in the countries mentioned above.
This module is at CQFW Level 7