|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||One 3,000 word report||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||One 3,000 word report||100%|
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
- describe and evaluate appropriate organisational models to support global strategies
- devise effective communication strategies. IT and information systems infrastructures
- outline key ethical and cultural issues in international business
- evaluate international markets
- identify the key elements in the design of a global strategy
To provide students with subject specific skills, ie, the principla issues involved in managing interntional companies, in particular, strategic, organisational, cultural and ethical issues. To provide students with transferable skills - communication skills, etc.
Introduction. Formulative international strategies. International maufacturing and R & D activities. HRM issues. Ethics. Postscript.
Strategic perspective: internationalisation and growth strategies
Organisational models to support global strategies
Cross-cultural challenges of international business
Ethical issues in international business
Global HRM issues
Students following this module will enhance note taking skills, report writing skills, reinforce time management. The inclusion of web sites and encouragement to use the library will enhance IT and research skills.
This module is at CQFW Level 7