Summer Accommodation applications are now open!!
For all university guidance and information on Coronavirus, please see the FAQs for students.
*Summer Accommodation for 2020 is under ongoing review due to the Corona Virus pandemic and is subject to availability.*
**Due to the current situation the information contained on the webpage below may be subject to change.**
Coronavirus Update: Due to current circumstances, changes have been made to our service provision to safeguard students, staff and visitors. Please refer to our FAQs for information which is relevant during this time
Find out more
Applications for summer accommodation are now open (please see below for further details). University summer accommodation for 2020 will be in Cwrt Mawr Price Band 2 (which is a self-catered residence with single rooms). The weekly cost is £85.40 (£12.20 nightly rate) which includes energy, internet/Wi-Fi, a high level of personal contents insurance and FREE Sports Centre Platinum Membership for your health and wellbeing.
University summer accommodation is only available to Aberystwyth University (AU) registered students from Friday 19th June 2020 until Wednesday 30th September 2020.
How to apply
Applications open from 09.00am on Wednesday 29th April 2020
To request accommodation for the summer you will need to complete an online application form:
- Login to the Accommodation Portal as 'Current Student' using your Aberystwyth username and password.
- Select 'Aberystwyth University Accommodation - Summer 2020'.
- Select the 'Accommodation Application Form' button and follow the instructions where you will need to select your requested dates of stay.
- Rooms are offered on a first come first served basis in date and time order of you successfully submitting your online accommodation application form. Priority is given to students continuing their study course over the summer period.
- We will aim to allocate students with the same length of stay together. Unfortunately, we are unable to facilitate any requests for friends to live together.
- Applications for summer accommodation will not be considered if you have an outstanding accommodation debt with AU or if you have been served with a ban from AU Residences during your term licence period.
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified on or before week commencing Monday, 11 May 2020. Therefore, please continue to check your AU e-mail account on a regular basis.
- Successful applicants will be sent an offer for summer accommodation by e-mail which will include details on how to complete the Summer Accommodation Licence Pack by the given deadline date. Access into summer accommodation will not be given without successful completion of this licence pack.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be given the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list should a vacancy become available.
What are my options if I graduate this year?
You will therefore no longer be a registered student.
If you are not an AU registered student you can contact the Conference Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01970 621960 who may be able to assist you. Alternatively, you can check local hotels/B&B's for their availability.
When can I move into summer accommodation?
Are you currently living in AU accommodation?
If you are currently living in AU accommodation and your term Licence Agreement ends at 10.00am Friday 19th June 2020 summer accommodation will be available for you to move into from 09.00am Wednesday 17th June 2020. You will have from 09.00am Wednesday 17th June 2020 until 10.00am Friday 19th June 2020 to complete your move.
You will be charged the summer rate of £85.40 per week (£12.20 nightly rate) from Friday 19th June 2020.
If you are currently living in AU accommodation and your term Licence Agreement ends on 10.00am Friday 26th June 2020 summer accommodation will be available for you to move into from 09.00am Wednesday 24th June 2020. You will have from 09.00am Wednesday 24th June 2020 until 10.00am Friday 26th June 2020 to complete your move.
You will be charged the summer rate of £85.40 per week (£12.20 nightly rate) from Friday 26th June 2020.
Please note that at 10.00am on your licence end date you will no longer have access to your term time accommodation using your Aber Card.
Are you currently in private sector accommodation?
If you are currently living in the private sector, then summer accommodation is available to you from 10.00am Friday 19th June 2020. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you summer accommodation prior to this date. We advise that you check your tenancy agreement end date so you know when you must vacate your current accommodation as you may need to consider alternative accommodation (e.g hotel, B&B, friends) until your AU summer accommodation is available to you.
Is there a minimum length of stay?
Minimum length of stay is 3 weeks.
When is summer accommodation available until?
Summer accommodation is available until 10.00am on Wednesday 30th September 2020.
Further details regarding moving out arrangements will be provided to you upon arrival.
What if I am also going to be living in AU accommodation for academic year 2020/21? Can I stay until my term-time room is ready for me to move into?
Our term 2020/21 Accommodation Licence Agreement starts on Friday 18th September 2020.
If you have secured a place in AU summer accommodation and have also secured a place in AU accommodation for academic year 2020/21 then you can continue to live with us until your term accommodation becomes available simply by selecting the appropriate dates on the application form e.g. 19/06/2020 - 18/09/2020 or 26/06/2020 - 18/09/2020.
How do I pay for summer accommodation?
As part of your Accommodation Licence Pack you will be required to set up a payment plan in order to pay for your summer accommodation fees. If you have any queries regarding payment of fees please contact the Student Fees Office on 01970 622043/628434, or email@example.com.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
A deposit of £100 is required to secure summer accommodation which is payable during completion of your licence pack.
If you currently live in AU accommodation your term-time deposit will continue to be used during your summer stay. If your deposit has fallen below £100 then you will be required to make a top-up payment.
Details on deposit refunds are available in the Accommodation Licence Agreement found within the Residents' Handbook.
Will there be any Inspections during my stay?
Communal and bedroom inspections will continue to be carried out throughout the summer with further details being sent to you by the Campus Life Management Team. Further information regarding what community visits and bedroom inspections are can be found on our webpage.