Levels E and F Study Spaces
Levels E and F of the Hugh Owen Library provide silent, individual study spaces for Aberystwyth University students and staff. We can currently provide access to the following study spaces:
- Hugh Owen Level E study spaces (x 28)
- Hugh Owen Level E PC spaces (x 12)
- Hugh Owen Level E Single Study spaces (x 2)
- Hugh Owen Level F study spaces (x35)
- Hugh Owen Level F PC spaces (x 14)
- Hugh Owen Level F Single Study spaces (no pc x 6)
- Hugh Owen Level F Single Study spaces (PC x 13)
Access to Levels E and F is strictly via the booking system. Please select the study space you wish to book from the drop-down list.
- You can book slots of 2 hours and 45 minutes between 08:30-20:15 every day of the week
- These can be booked up to 1 week in advance
- You can book either a study space with a computer or a study desk
- You can only book one space per slot
- You will need your Aber Card to access the room
- Users should access the library via the entrance at the back of the Hugh Owen Building to Level E. Please follow black line on map below:
- Users should only visit the library during their booked time slot
- Only users who have booked time slots should come to the library room
- Please do not turn up for your study space booking slot before your start time as people will be exiting the building before this time.
- All users should sanitise their hands before entering the librry. There is a hand sanitising station at the entrance.
- All users should observe the 2-metre social distancing rule
- Users should not use spaces that have been marked as unavailable
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to enter the library
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to exit the library
- All users must follow the one-way system
- The numbers of users in the library at any one time is strictly limited.
- Staff and visitors to the space will be following recommended hygiene practises.
- Do not come to the library if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia).
- Face coverings must be worn in all University buildings.
- The entrance to study spaces on level E and F of the Hugh Owen Library is via the side/rear door. The access is level. The door open automatically.
- An adjustable desk with PC is available
- Adjustable lighting is available in the individual study rooms
- The Fire Alarms are both the Klaxon and bell types. Deaf alerters are avialable from Library staff
- Please contact Student Support Services and Health, Safety and Environment Office to arrange a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) if relevant.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available
If you would like a guided tour of the facilities, or to discuss any specific requirements you have, please contact us.