Iris de Freitas Room
The Iris de Freitas room provides silent, individual study space for Aberystwyth University students and staff. It currently provides access to:
- 25 individual study spaces
- 9 individual study spaces with PCs
- 1 printers/photocopiers/scanner
- Water refill station
- 5 individual study rooms with computer
- You can book slots of 2 hours and 45 minutes between 08:30-20:15 every day of the week
- These can be booked up to 1 week in advance
- You can book either a study space with a computer or a study desk
- You can only book one space per slot
- Users should access the Iris de Freitas room via the entrance at the back of the Hugh Owen Building to Level E. Please follow black line on map below
- You will need your Aber Card to access the room.
- Users should only visit the Iris de Freitas room during their booked time slot
- Only users who have booked time slots should access the Iris de Freitas room
- Please do not turn up for your study space booking slot before your start time as people will be exiting the building before this time.
- All users should sanitise their hands before entering the Iris de Freitas room. There is a hand sanitising station at the Iris de Freitas room entrance.
- All users should observe the 2-metre social distancing rule
- Users should not use spaces that have been marked as unavailable
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to enter the Iris de Freitas room
- All users must use their Aber Card to swipe to exit the Iris de Freitas room
- All users must follow the one-way system
- The numbers of users in the Iris de Freitas room at any one time is strictly limited.
- Staff and visitors to the space will be following recommended hygiene practises.
- Do not come to the Iris de Freitas room if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia).
- Face coverings must be worn in all University buildings.
- The entrance to Iris De Freitas is via the Herman Ethe on level E of the Hugh Owen Building. The access is level. The door is manually operated.
- Adjustable desks are available
- Adjustable lighting is available in the study rooms
- The Fire Alarms are both the Klaxon and bell types. Deaf alerters are avialable from the enquiry desk on level D
- Please contact Student Support Services and Health, Safety and Environment Office to arrange a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) for Iris De Freitas if relevant.
- There is no access to Accessible toilet facilities from Iris De Freitas
If you would like a guided tour of the facilities, or to discuss any specific requirements you have, please contact us.