|Delivery length / details
|40 x 1 Hour Tutorials
|Assessment length / details
|Translations, grammar exercises, comprehension etc. Continuous Assessment:
|3 Hours Written examination written exam plus oral (10%).
|3 Hours 1 x 3-hour written examination (unless ONLY the oral component is failed, in which case the suplementary exam will be an oral examination).
By the end of the module, if you have made satisfactory progress, you will be able to:
- demonstrate your interest in and understanding of the German language as a subject of study
- display proficiency in the essential framework of German grammar and syntax
- translate selected passages from and into German
- use a range of linguistic structures, particularly those in more frequent general usage
- communicate in written German at an appropriate standard
- produce summaries of material written in German
- give your own insights into aspects of German society
- use a good range of German vocabulary
- respond with understanding to spoken German
- make both supervised and independent use of the facilities available in the department: video, language laboratory, satellite television
Language modules have, as an integral part of their structure, regular homework assignments and class tests as well as end of year examinations. All assessment is designed to measure your progress against learning outcomes at the appropriate level.
This module forms part of the core Level 2 programme in European Languages (German Minor) and is one of three written language courses taken in that year. For a full description of this module see GE10740.
This module is at CQFW Level 5