Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Report / Case Study 4,000 words||80%|
|Semester Assessment||Report with group presentation 1,500 word report. 20 minute presentation.||20%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Report / Case Study 4,000 words||80%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Report 2,000 words||20%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Conduct a strategic analysis of the organization to achieve assess the correspondence between factors in the external environment and the organization’s competences and resources.
2. Formulate strategic options for firms using strategic analysis, formulate and defend a strategic plan, and identify methods of implementation and the implications of strategic change.
3. Evaluate the relationship between operations and strategy, and critically review the design of operations systems.
4. Analyse the planning and control mechanisms in operations management, and also identify and discuss the contemporary operational issues that organizations face.
5. Critically evaluate the supply chain environment and understand the opportunities.
his module examines international strategy and operations management, including the international supply chain, an increasingly important aspect of business opportunities worldwide. The module examines techniques required for the design, operation and control of business processes and consulting, including methods for reducing supply chain risk. The module emphasizes the importance of customer/ supplier relationships, as well as the risks associated with supply chain management.
Strategic positioning and purpose
Strategic choice and strategy selection and development
Basics of operations strategy design of products and services process strategy
Capacity and lay out planning forecasting demand
Quality management and statistical process control inventory management
Lean operations and JIT management
Supply chain management
Information management: data collection and analyses consulting
This module is at CQFW Level 7