Due to Covid-19 students should refer to the module Blackboard pages for assessment details
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Project and report (Project based assignment plus 5,000 word report)||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Project and report (Project based assignment plus 5,000 word report)||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Design and implement a NoSQL database with one or more front-end applications.
2. Evaluate the applicability of different technical data management strategies for a variety of applications.
3. Explain the essential concepts behind a variety of NoSQL data models, including key-value, document oriented and graph data models.
4. Identify potential security issues raised by the use of NoSQL data management systems to handle massive data volumes with high transaction rates, and suggest mitigating strategies.
Querying, searching, mining and analyzing very large amounts of data demands procedural and technological approaches that go beyond those typical of relational database systems.
1. Using a NoSQL data management system.
2. Querying an existing NoSQL database
3. Modelling, securing and processing massive volumes of data with high transaction rates. Case studies in evolution of the NoSQL movement and alternative approaches to data management.
4. Creating a NoSQL data model, implementing the model and querying the resulting NoSQL database.
Data analytics and data mining.
1. Application programming for data analysis
2. Cloud based data management.
3. Exploring alternative NoSQL data models.
4. Vulnerabilities, procedural and technical factors, threat analysis and mitigation.
5. Choosing the 'right' data management system. Evaluating alternative data management systems in terms of data volume, transaction rate and requirements for security and privacy.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||Inherent to subject|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||Inherent to subject|
|Information Technology||Technical skills related to applying emerging data management systems to problems involving massive volumes of data and high transaction rates.|
|Personal Development and Career planning||Encourages students to see roles in subject for career and personal development|
|Problem solving||Inherent to subject|
|Research skills||Inherent to subject|
|Subject Specific Skills||Technical skills related to applying emerging data management systems to problems involving massive volumes of data and high transaction rates.|
This module is at CQFW Level 7