|Assessment length / details
|Essay(4000 words) Critical review of a selected topic in remote sensing (2000 words)
|Technical Report(3000 words) Presentation
|Resubmission of failed assingment
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
- Convey current topics in remote sensing across a range of disciplines
- Undertake targeted reviews of the scientific literature.
- Identify areas where new or further research is required and identify avenues by which to undertake such research
- Solve science and technical problems through processing and analysis of remote sensing data.
- Present and articulate the findings of previous research and avenues for future research.
This module highlights current topics in remote sensing and specifically in space science, biology, geography and computer science. The module explores options for progressing research in each field through lectures. Students are also introduced to current literature, which is discussed within dedicated tutorial sessions, and relevant problem solving exercises using remote sensing data.
- Planetary exploration (IMAPS)
- Climate change and carbon dynamics (IGES)
- Biodiversity (IBERS)
- Visualisation and robotics (Comp. Sci)
- Guest lectures on special topics
|Application of Number
|Problem solving task
|Presentations and group discussions
|Improving own Learning and Performance
|Literature review and discussions with scientists
|Personal Development and Career planning
|Awareness of scientific literature
|Awareness of scientific literature and future directions for research
|Reviewing literature and formulating arguments
|Subject Specific Skills
This module is at CQFW Level 7