|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Continuous Assessment: Italian oral/aural tests and participation.||20%|
|Semester Assessment||.3 Hours Oral Examination: 20 minute oral test.||20%|
|Semester Assessment||Assignment: 6 written Italian assignments.||20%|
|Semester Exam||1.5 Hours written exam||40%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
- Students will have attained the Second level of the CILS (Certificate of Italian as a Foreign Language) issued by the University for Foreign Students at Siena -Italy- (The Department acts already as a centre for this examination)
- Students will have acquired knowledge about the language in general as well as a grasp of the most important linguistic structures of the Italian language; they will have further developed their communicative skills
- Students will have become familiar with the cultural context in which those structures are used.
- Builds upon the basic knowledge of vocabulary and grammar acquired by students who have followed IT11220 or taken Italian to GCSE, CILS1 or equivalent and covers lessons 12-24 of uno (CUP).
- On completion of the module students will have acquired a basic knowledge of the language in general as well as a grasp of the basic structures of the Italian language and cultural context in which those structures are used.
- Preparation for CILS Certificate II.
This module is at CQFW Level 4