Fferm Penglais - accessible housing
Fferm Penglais is situated adjacent to Pentre Jane Morgan and across the road from the Penglais Campus, which can be safely accessed via a footbridge. It offers you the very latest in purpose-built en-suite student accommodation. Located within easy walking distance of the University's academic buildings, the new residence provides a superb environment for living and studying with generous en-suite bedrooms and high specification studio apartments, including hard wired and Wi-Fi internet access. A convenient central service area provides café with pool table and 24/7 study areas, shop, vending, laundry rooms, bike stores, social and sporting facilities.
Fferm Penglais houses around 1000 students split between 22 blocks; 20 blocks containing en-suite rooms and 2 containing studio flats.
Each block has either 6 or 9 self-contained flats with the DDA flat comprising of 5 single bedrooms. Residents will have access to their own en-suite washroom as well as a shared adaptable kitchen and soft seating area.
Students in Fferm Penglais are self-catering, sharing kitchens in self-contained flats.
Fferm Penglais has an on-site shop located within SGUBORfach offering you low cost convenience items such as, fresh bread and milk, frozen foods, toiletries and cleaning products.
Fferm Penglais is also located within a 5 minute walk of CK's supermarket, or alternatively residents can shop at the larger supermarkets in the town.
However, if you also like the sound of using our catering facilities you can load your Aber Card with money, or family/friends can top it up on your behalf, to use at any of our outlets - you will also benefit from the 10% discount!
Facilities & Services
Fferm Penglais' main facilities include:
- Self-catered accommodation.
- Large en-suite bedrooms.
- Wi-Fi and wired connection.
- Wall mounted TV in every shared kitchen - TV licence included.
- Laundry Facillities.
- Cleaning Service provided in all communal areas outside of your flat - entrances, landings, stairwells and corridors.
- Access to Learning Centres (The Lounge @ Rosser or The Lounge @ PJM).
- Secure Cycle Storage.
- Café with on-site shop, Wi-Fi, sofas, pool table & group study.
- Vending machines.
- Bookable rooms.
- Refuse & Recycling collection points.
- Parking (limited, permit required).
- Residence Assistants providing support and guidance.
What's in Your Room?
• Double bed (4 foot 6) & mattress.
• Under bed storage.
• Bedside shelving.
• Hanging rail.
• Desk & computer chair.
• Full length mirror.
• Waste bin.
• Wash basin with mirror and shaver light.
• Pedal bin.
• Toilet brush.
What's in your Shared Areas?
• 2 x Fridge/Freezer's.
• 2 x Ovens with grills.
• 2 x Induction hobs.
• 2 x Sinks.
• Dining table and chairs.
• Ironing board.
• Mop & bucket.
• Dustpan & brush.
• Bins - Dry mixed recycling, glass, food and general waste.
• Wall mounted flat screen TV with a DVD playing capability and aerial connection (TV licence provided).
• Coffee Table.
Weekly Cost 2018 / 2019
Length of Licence 2018 / 2019
Weekly Cost 2019 / 2020
|Length of Licence 2019 / 2020|
|Single en-suite||£130.82||40 weeks*||£135.17||40 weeks**|
*From 10.00am on 21/09/2018 – 10.00am on 28/06/2019.
**From 10.00am on 20/09/2019 - 10.00am on 26/06/2020.