Blackboard is Aberystwyth University’s online learning environment. Blackboard has a range of tools for communication, collaboration, assessment, feedback, reflection and content management, and provides an online space for activities to support learning and teaching. You can access Blackboard via http://blackboard.aber.ac.uk with your Aberystwyth username and password.
We provide a number of training courses, FAQs and Guides to help you get the most out of your modules in Blackboard.
Required Minimum Presence (RMP)
All taught undergraduate and postgraduate modules must adhere to our Required Minimum Presence (RMP). The RMP is informed by recognised good practice in the sector as well as by feedback from AU students.
The E-learning Group oversee the annual AU Blackboard Exemplary Course Award (ECA). The aim is to support staff to enhance their modules on Blackboard and to share good practice across the university. We have seen the impact of this programme, as other staff often pick up on exemplary practices demonstrated by winning modules, and are delighted to showcase the winners at our annual Learning and Teaching Conference.
2018-19 AU ECA Winners
The diverse range of teaching and learning styles evidenced in this year’s applications reflects the innovative work that is taking place across the institution.
We are delighted to announce the winners of the 2018-19 ECA competition:
- Winner - Alison Pierse, XA15220: Figuratively Speaking: The History of Western Figurative Sculpture
- Highly Commended - IBERS Distance Learning Team, BDM0120: Research Methods
- Highly Commended - Stephen Chapman, BDM1320: The Future of Packaging
- Highly Commended - Alexandros Koutsoukis, IP12620 Behind the Headlines
- Highly Commended - Jennifer Wood, SP10740 Spanish Language (Beginners)
For examples of the winning modules' exemplary practices see this video: