Register a Visitor
Visitors are welcome to stay in your accommodation providing the following measures have been met:
- Visitors must be registered before 4pm daily to be eligible to stay; weekend guests must be registered before 3pm on Fridays
- An overnight visitor must be over the age of 18.
- You may not have more than 1 visitor staying at the same time.
- A visitor can only stay up to three nights in a row and must not return within a seven day period.
- Visitors must stay in your room and not in any communal areas.
- All visitors must be registered and signed in to comply with Health, Safety and Fire Regulations. For further information, visit the Living in Residences webpage.
- You are responsible for your guest and they must not be left unsupervised. If they breach the Accommodation Licence Agreement in any way, you will be responsible for their actions.
- Your guest must be respectful and behave responsibly - if not, they may be asked to leave.
- Discuss with your flat / housemates that you want to have a visitor staying prior to their arrival.
Failure to comply with the above could mean that your visitor request is denied. Reoccurring issues such as visitors being denied, visitors staying without being registered, visitors being loud and causing a nuisance, may result in you having a ban on visitors staying with you. The University reserves the right to change, alter and amend these requirements at any time for which no notice will be provided.
If your visitor needs parking whilst they’re here, they will need to see Site Security who are based in the Main Campus Reception, Penglais Campus.
Coronavirus Update: Due to current circumstances, changes have been made to our service provision to safeguard students, staff and visitors. Please refer to our FAQs for information which is relevant during this time
Find out more